Online/Hybrid EMT Course
In a response to the covid-19 pandemic, we are now offering an 8 week online/hybrid course. Local, State, and National Guidelines have suspended some of the previous course requirements allowing us to offer this course.
OCEMT provides the most comprehensive and thorough EMT training for those who truly want to build a lasting career in emergency medicine. This program is designed to give the students the skills and knowledge to work as an Emergency Medical Technician at the basic level and to facilitate the passing of the National Registry.
OCEMT’s certified EMT class consists of a 8-week course totaling 190 hours of course material in Emergency Medical Technician Basic. Our EMT Courses are specifically designed to prepare students for a successful career as a professional Emergency Healthcare Provider in the pre-hospital setting. This course material is drawn from the current National Education Standards Curriculum. This EMT program places a strong emphasis on academic achievement within the specified curriculum as well as a solid understanding of the importance of teamwork.
This is a 190 EMT hour EMT course that takes place over 8 weeks.
- 110 hours of reading and online assignments
- 32 Hours of Webinars
- 24 hours for (6) Unit Exams, (1) Practice Final Exam, and (1) Final Exam
- (4) 6 hour NREMT Psychomotor Skills Days upon completion of the Final Exam
Key objectives of understanding include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Clinical knowledge and application for treatment of the sick and injured
- Common sense approach to solve problems
- Safety of ourselves and others
- Ethics and Integrity
Course Schedule: June 28, 2021 – August 20, 2021
Mandatory Orientation Webinar: June 21, 2021 @ 2pm – 4pmEnroll Now
SCHEDULE OF COURSE FEES
INCLUDED WITH TUITION
- Emergency Medical Technician Course
- ICS 100 and & 700
- OCEMS Ambulance Attendance Course
- NREMT Psychomotor Skills
- Course Completion Certificate
*Ambulance and Clinical Observations are no longer required for Course Completion until further notice due to Covid-19
The Deposit/Registration Fee: $300 enrollment fee is required to enroll in the course and will be deducted from the total tuition. If payment is not made in full the student will have 14 days from the course start date to pay the balance.
A Non-Refundable $100.00 fee will be retained by OCEMT for any course cancellations occurring 14 days or less from the start date of the course.
- E-Textbook and Navigate 2 Preferred Online Resource Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Includes Navigate 2 Preferred Access: $162.41
- FISDAP Assessment Package: $94.50
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Course – $50.00
- Must show proof of High School Graduations such as H.S. Diploma or High School Transcript verifying graduation, G.E.D, or ATB
- Have a current CPR for Healthcare Provider certification
- No criminal background
- 18 years of age by National Registry Exam Appointment
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIAL
Students are required to purchase the following e-textbook and online resources prior to the start of class. Please click on the hyperlinks to purchase.
E-Textbook and Navigate 2 Preferred Online Resource
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Includes Navigate 2 Preferred Access,
FISDAP Assessment package