OCEMT provides the most comprehensive and thorough EMT training for those who truly want to build a lasting career in emergency medicine. This program is designed to give the students the skills and knowledge to work as an Emergency Medical Technician at the basic level and to facilitate the passing of the National Registry.
OCEMT’s certified EMT class consists of a 8-week course totaling 212 hours of course material in Emergency Medical Technician Basic. Our EMT Courses are specifically designed to prepare students for a successful career as a professional Emergency Healthcare Provider in the pre-hospital setting. This course material is drawn from the current National Education Standards Curriculum. This EMT program places a strong emphasis on academic achievement within the specified curriculum as well as a solid understanding of the importance of teamwork.
EMT Weekday Course
This course is designed for students who prefer an accelerated schedule in a traditional class environment.
Key objectives of understanding include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Clinical knowledge and application for treatment of the sick and injured
- Common sense approach to solve problems
- Safety of ourselves and others
- Ethics and Integrity
Orientation Day: Monday, May 23 @ 9am – Class is Full
Course Schedule: June 6, 2022 – August 11, 2022
Course Days and Time: Mondays and Tuesdays 9am – 1pm. Thursdays from 9am – 3pm.Enroll Now!
SCHEDULE OF COURSE FEES
INCLUDED WITH TUITION
- Flash Drive with Power-Points
- ICS 100 & 700
- OCEMS Accreditation Course
- NREMT Skills
- Practice Final Exam
- (2) Ambulance Observation
- Course Completion Certification
The Deposit/Registration Fee: $500 enrollment fee is required to enroll in the course and will be deducted from the total tuition. If payment is not made in full the student will have 14 days from the course start date to pay the balance or will be placed on a payment plan.
A Non-Refundable $100.00 fee will be retained by OCEMT for any course cancellations occurring 14 days or less from the start date of the course.
- E-Textbook and Navigate 2 Preferred Online Resource: $162.41
- FISDAP: EMT Assessment Package: $94.50
- SECURETAC BACKGROUND: $39.00 (Required for optional clinical observation) – not required for course completion
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Course – $50.00
- Must show proof of High School Graduations such as H.S. Diploma or High School Transcript verifying graduation, G.E.D, or ATB
- Have a current CPR for Healthcare Provider certification (Course provided the second day of class)
- No criminal background
- 18 years of age by National Registry Exam Appointment
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIAL
Students are required to purchase the following e-textbook and online resources prior to the start of class. Please click on the hyperlinks to purchase.
E-Textbook and Navigate 2 Preferred Online Resource
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Includes Navigate 2 Preferred Access,
FISDAP Assessment package
Laptop, iPad or Smart Phone for online access